Sunday, October 14, 2012

Adjourning

Sometimes the worst part of a conversation is to say good bye. In these good byes you can never say enough how much you will miss someone especially when the time spent with them was unforgettable. When think of the phase Adjourning in relation with team building this can be the hardest time to experience. When I think of this phase I can relate many group experiences like this. The main one that I can think of is in each class a Walden during the eighth week how we have to say or goodbyes. Even though we don't work directly on assignments together a bond is still formed throughout the class time. We share our ideas and experiences in relation to the class topics and by the end of the class semester we are saying good bye. This has always been a bitter sweet time in each class that I have taken. I really appreciate the time that I get to spend with my classmates and I will take all the sharing experiences with me.
I feel that the hardest teams to leave are the ones that worked together and got to know each other in the process. It is so important to get to know your teammates initatlly to get to understand each persons streights. This is vital to distributing task throughout the assignment. When you have a team that has spent lots of time getting to know each other it is hard to break the bond because it was not forced but something that actually growed.
I closing rituals that I think of are the feedback's and gratitude that are expressed in the goodbyes. This time is a good time to just say thank you to all your teammates.
Every part of the team building process is worth  taking!

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that adjourning phase experienced with course members at the completion of each course is difficult but one to be described in my opinion as bitter sweet. The completion of the course brings sadness as you conclude your work and collaboration with course members some of whom may not be enrolled in your next course. Sadness is also accompanied with joy to be progressing further in your program and appreciation for the knowledge, experience, and wisdom gained from communication with course members.


    ReplyDelete